AER will be conducting a session at the AAPEX 2018 REMANedu event to educate OEM's on the newly introduced Proactive Remanufacturing concept that was developed by the company in early 2018. Conducted by Cameron Quick, AER's Director of Sales and Marketing, the session will cover many facets of the remanufacturing lifecycle and how the practice benefits organizations both operationally and financially to "think reman from the start."
Manufacturing professionals will gain a better understanding of the importance of planning for remanufacturing support of their products on a proactive, as opposed to reactive basis. The presentation will include several planning strategies and tips for the establishment of a successful remanufacturing program from the point of product inception through the duration of its' serviceable life.
Attendees will learn:
- Think remanufacturing from the start.
- Focus on your company's core competencies and leverage a professional remanufacturing firm to aid in your product lifecycle management support.
- Build remanufacturing into initial bidding processes.
- Have discussions about remanufacturing with engineering, production and sales divisions at product inception.
- Keep component supply chains open to facilitate product serviceability.